Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Homeschooling: When you decide to go with an online curriculum

 I have had two boys graduate from homeschooling. It seems to me when they get to a certain age they want something different. Over the years we have tried many different things because I must say...life is interesting and so learning should be. There came a year when they had just had enough. They wanted formal schooling. Well, we tried that route and I must say it wasn't glamorous at all. It happened right before covid. So, we had picked the worst year to try it. I wanted them to enroll in a career center but because " I was mom " they didn't want to. So we tried it there way. Needless to say they ended up at the career center anyway and both got their degrees. 

    I have my daughter who is beginning to feel her oats and wanted an online program this year. I wanted something that wouldn't take her all day  to accomplish. I also wanted something that I could easily add too. I found a pretty good match with "easy peasy homeschooling" or

 allinonehomeschooling.com

 I think it fit what we were both looking for and its free! I did pay the $15 donation because I think it was fair and I get all the help and she did all the work. I must give her a round of applause for all her hard work and dedication. I absolutely love it. There are many great things I can say about it. My daughter doesn't seem to mind doing it and that's the biggest plus. 

   So, I did also like using IXL last year but as my kids seem to grow and change different things seem to pop up and change us. Life is constantly moving and shifting. Its like a river. The same water doesn't stay in the same place twice. Why should we expect our lives to be any different? Embrace the change if things aren't working out. You will thank yourself in the end.😁

No comments:

Post a Comment